Things I am reading at the moment, but haven’t finished:
- Stephen King’s Danse Macabre. Started this collection of essays on a flight, and have already noted about ten horror films to watch.
- Lily King’s Euphoria.
- Jade Chang’s The Wangs vs the World
- Kingsley Amis, Lucky Jim. I don’t really know if I want to continue what everyone says is satire but which really reads as self-pitying narcissism to me. Which is probably the point, but it’s not funny enough yet to hook me in. Nobody is likeable in this novel! (Again, probably the point.)
- Seabiscuit. A colleague loaned this to me, and as soon as someone lends me a book I never want to read it. Please see also The Optician of Lampedusa.
- The Arab of the Future 2 by Riad Sattouf. The last of the graphic novels I bought last weekend.
I have a whole folder on my Kindle called “To Be Read” which is stuff I haven’t finished, but these are the most recent attempts. Let’s see how many of these I can get through by the end of January!